The Power of Social investment
Use your money to do good. Social investment enables societies and social enterprises to kick-start positive projects. Social investment is repayable finance provided for charities and social enterprises. That means that it is not a grant but is money that the investor:
1. Expects to get it back (often with interest and after a certain timeframe)
2. Expects to help create a positive social impact
What’s great about being a social investor?
- Knowing your money will do good. We vet every share offer that is sent out to the Co-op Angels list. We ensure that the co-operative principles are at the heart of the society.
- Without your help, the social economy would not grow. Every investment helps to change the world we live in.
- Support businesses you believe in. What you invest in is what the money will be spent on.
Since 2007, we’ve maintained a database of social investors (known as the Co-op Angels) willing to be approached by democratic social enterprises seeking investment. Co-op Angels have invested over three quarters of a million pounds to date, supporting co-operatives including GO-OP, Somerset Cooperative Community Land Trust, Community Power Cornwall, Lightweight Community Transport and The Energy Saving Co-operative.
If you are interested in being added to this mailing list to hear about the latest co-operative organisations looking for your financial support, please get in touch.
If you would like to update your details and mailing preferences, please follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/coopangels
If you are a co-operative seeking investment
Please see our ‘Raising Finance’ page for further details on how to access the Co-op angels list.